Spotlight BlogGo behind the scenes with Omaha Performing Arts
Jazz on YOUR Green Picnic Fun
Posted On Jul 7, 2020, 08:04 AM
Our beloved Omaha tradition Jazz on YOUR Green kicks off on Thursday, July 9 at 6:00 PM on Omaha Performing Arts Facebook and YouTube page. Join us every Thursday through July 30 at 6:00 PM. During each show, we will have a Jazz on YOUR Green contest. By participating in the contest you will be entered to win a pair of tickets to see a production during the 2020/2021 Season. Follow us on Facebook to learn more details about the contests each week. Now that we have the logistics taken care of, there's nothing like a jazz party without food and drinks! If you’re looking for tasty meals to enjoy for the evening, our exclusive food service provider Guckenheimer shows us how to make homemade herbed focaccia which is perfect for Italian sandwiches! Check out the video and recipe instructions below. Learn more about Jazz on YOUR Green here.
Herbed Focaccia 1 ¾ cup warm water
1 packet active dry yeast
1 tablespoon sugar
5 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
½ cup olive oil, plus more for drizzling
1. Combine water, yeast, and sugar. Mix and let sit for 5-10 minutes until yeast is bubbly and active.
2. Place flour, salt, garlic powder, and herbs in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook. Add yeast/water mixture and half a cup of olive oil. Mix on low speed for 5-6 minutes.
3. Transfer the dough to greased bowl, cover and let rise in a warm area for 2 hours until dough is doubled in size.
4. Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
5. Grease a baking pan and drizzle with one tablespoon of olive oil. Transfer dough to pan and press in an even layer. Cover and let rest for 30 minutes.
6. Uncover and drizzle with another tablespoon of olive oil. Bake for 30 minutes.
Italian Picnic Sandwich Makes 12 sandwiches 1 recipe herbed focaccia, sliced in half
3 roma tomatoes, sliced
2 roasted red peppers, peeled and julienned
1 cup basil pesto
2 tablespoons Red wine vinegar
Salt and pepper
1 lb. salami, sliced
1 lb. capicola, sliced
1 lb. roasted turkey breast, sliced
1 lb. pepperoni
1 lb. provolone cheese, sliced
1. Top bottom half of focaccia bread with half the basil pesto
2. Top with tomatoes, red peppers, sprinkle of red wine vinegar, salt and pepper to taste.
3. Top with layers of salami, turkey breast, capicola, pepperoni, and provolone cheese.
4. Spread remaining pesto on the top layer of bread and place on top of sandwich.
5. Slice into 12 pieces. Wrap each sandwich individually. Refrigerate until ready to serve.